Where Is The Mold Growing In Your Henderson County Home?
Every home has areas that have the potential for mold growth, so it is important to know where to look and what to look for. Mold growth depends on certain conditions for growth such as moisture, poor ventilation and temperature.
To help you have a better idea as to the ares in your home that may be susceptible to mold growth, here's a list of places you'll want to keep an eye on.
- Behind washing equipment
- Under sinks
- Behind toilets
- Around tubs and showers
- Under and behind refrigeration units
- Under dishwashers
- In crawl spaces
- Around basement perimeters
- Above ceiling tiles
- Behind and below water heaters
- Around doors and windows
- Inside access panels to whirlpool tubs
- Around the outside hose bib
Now that you know where to look, you'll need to know what to look for.
- Look for any discolorations on walls, floors and carpets
- Do you see visible signs of mold growth, the colors can vary from black, red, orange, yellow, blue, purple and whites
- Is there a musty odor?
If you come across mold in your home, keep in mind that the mold spores are easily dispersed if incorrectly disturbed and most household cleaners won't sufficiently take care of the problem. That's why you'll want to call in the pros like SERVPRO of Henderson County, we are here to help! 828-692-3337